[Splashy-devel] testing splashy 0.1.8-0+30

Fathi Boudra fboudra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:14:28 UTC 2006

hi,

i installed splashy 0.1.8-0+30 and the results :
* installed fine
* i rebooted to test boot screen, while my shutdown i saw a screen with tux ;)
  nice, telling me that installations seems to work fine.
* at the boot, nothing appears. I've got a fast message telling something
like "there is more than one server running module fb..."
* looked at logs, nothing relevant about splashy
* i tried to look at the wiki and find "update-initramfs -u" command, a clue,
because i'm using yaird
* i replaced yaird by initramfs-tools, rebooted
* tux again nice :)
* then fatal error. switching to consle gives me:
FATAL: module fbcon not found
FATAL: module vesafb not found
Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
Done.
* and stay there, nothing more happened

i used up-to-date sid with linux-image-2.6.16-1-k7 package(built-in vesafb).
Framebuffer support works fine without splashy (vga=791), on boot screen i've
got fb0: VESA VGA framebuffer. My graphic card is a GeForce4 MX - nForce2 (on
board).

please tell me if you need other informations or if i can do any tests to
debug.

cheers,

Fathi