[Splashy-devel] Commit UNIX sockets

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Wed Aug 16 20:01:18 UTC 2006

Hi all,

So I committed to trunk some changes that make splashy use UNIX sockets.

It all seems to work well on my machine. I can splashy_update from the
initramfs, also splashy stays alive after pivot_root.

I also had a look at the start up script S01splashy, but I didn't had
the stamina to fix it not starting splashy a second time;) So I just
rudely made it not start splashy at all for testing (didn't commit it).
If somebody wants to have a stab at that, please do.

Splashy stills seems to freeze at some point in the boot process. I
don't think it is unicode_start.

So if you guys want to have a look at the code, and test it, that would
be nice;)

grts Tim