[Splashy-devel] static linking, uswusp-splashy

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Thu Aug 31 19:22:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:24:31 -0400
Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> wrote:

> Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> > OK, I did some more testing. I don't think we need those
> > gfxdirvers. It works great without. And to answer 2) this is
> > precisely because of 1), right?
>
> Just be careful. If you remove too much, it won't work on anything
> but vesafb, and things like text will not work.

Hmm, OK, did you test that? I don't know much about the internals of
the framebuffer a/o directfb, but I would think all these drivers expose
a fb-device which have the basic stuff in common...

The stupid thing is that I can't really find that much docs on
directfb, so this is just theory;)

grts Tim