[Splashy-devel] Patch: Border operations.

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 18:05:30 UTC 2006

Hello Pat,

Sorry i took a bit long to respond... read below:

On 2/24/06, Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The attached patch does the following:
> * Allows for specifying the colour of the progress border
> * Draws border 1 pixel outside of progress bar
>     (does not get overdrawn by progress bar)

Awesome stuff! I believe this was a feature request (or in the TODO).
I'll close the bug if i see it...

> * Fixes spelling of "rectangle" :)

Heh, non-English speaking or coding too fast.... who knows how that
got mispelled! Thanks!

> The new way of specifying a border is:
> <border>
>    <red></red>
>    <green></green>
>    <blue></blue>
>    <alpha></alpha>
> </border>

I like that. I just added <show></show> to allow it to be turn on or
off (even if it is correctly defined). See themes/default/config.xml
in the trunk (svn sources)

> If they are not specified correctly, no border is drawn. This makes
> sense, IMO.
>
> Other things on my patch wishlist:
> * Ability to specify pixel-precise progressbar placement
>    (if <sourcewidth> given, use <x>/<sourcewidth>*<screenwidth>
>    instead of <x>/100*<screenwidth>).

Agree.

> * Invividual line printing (already done, very basically)

Nice. I'd like to see this.

> We just made a nice in-house theme using this patch, and it looks great!

Awesome!

Please note that I have changed the names of these files (not their
content). It all works fine except for a few warnings printed from
splashy_config.c. Which I'll fix as soon as I get a chance. So, for
now I applied this patch "manually". The new file names make it easier
to know what source applies to what, and what's shared among all the
splashy binaries (splashy, splashy_config, splashy_update and in the
future, gsplashy -- front-end for splashy_config).

[snip]

All my code is merged.

--
Luis Mondesi

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html