[Splashy-devel] Translucent Text Area Patch.

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:36:07 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> wrote:
> Luis M wrote:
> > I agree. But I guess people just want to peek into why the boot
> > process is taking long and then go back to enjoying their own
> > themes/images. F2 toggling the textbox would give them that (at a
> > price: memory wasted! but hey, this is what is all about: wasting idle
> > resources).
>
> Hm. I've never seen it as a problem for a single key to make splashy go
> away completely. In fact, it is possible to erase the background and
> keep the progress bar going, which is almost the same.

I've seen that happening sometimes.

> > I wonder if splashy would make sense when the Linux kernel boots in 4
> > seconds (as it's planned). Would we ever get there?
>
> My kernel boots in 4 seconds. It's userland that takes forever.

Right, I meant to say the whole boot process (from kernel+all the
other crap until GDM comes to life).

--
Luis Mondesi

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html