[Splashy-devel] uswsusp with splashy support!

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Fri Sep 8 22:09:18 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I made uswsusp use splashy for its splash screen. For this I had to
rework splashy a bit (the result is in branches/0.3). It has the
following changes:
- Build libsplashy (s2disk can be the only process during suspend)
- Added splashy_get_string & splashy_get_password
	(Also as commands for splashy_update, maybe we can persuade
	the crypto maitainer to use that for its init script)

To make the library possible I renamed some files and reshuffled some
functions.

Well, enough talk, if you want to try it out get:

http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/uswsusp/uswsusp_0.2-3_i386.deb
http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/splashy/libsplashy0_0.3.0-1_i386.deb
http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/splashy/splashy_0.3.0-1_i386.deb

You need splashy too, because the initramfs-tools script will put the
current theme on the initramfs and the themes has changed a bit.
Currently uswsusp doesn't play nice with splashy-on-initramfs, so to
test you need to:

Install uswsusp, libsplashy, splashy.
Make the default theme the current theme.
Edit /etc/default/splashy to make it install splashy on initramfs
Do NOT put splashy on the cmdline.

Enjoy!

Tim

BTW splashy should just work is you make an /etc/rcS.d/S00splashy which
just contains:
#!/bin/sh
splashy boot