[Splashy-devel] Sep 10, 2006 Meeting

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 21:27:56 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I want to thank all of you who made it to this month's meeting. Sorry
that some of our core developers couldn't make it, we will hope to see
them next month.

Here is what was agreed on this meeting:

- splashy-init will be replaced by log_end_msg() re-implementation
- X detection code should be added to /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh
- test to see whether we should exit splashy before gdm or when gdm
calls log_end_msg
- e-mail deb rc devs about short-term splash support in the /etc/rc script
- for splashy 0.4.x splashy should be provided as a static build and
libsplashy as part of the package (so other programs can link against
it)
- splashy initramfs problem needs to be debug throughly. a log of the
debugging messages is needed

The initramfs problems have been dragging for too long. we need to
really focus on getting that fixed and Splashy 0.2.x shipped. if
anybody thinks of a solution for this problem, please join us at
#splashy on irc.freenode.net or just send us a patch. The problem is
most likely with libdirectfb, but if we can work around it, that would
be good.

Thanks again to all for using Splashy!

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html