[Splashy-devel] DirectFB, SetBackgroundImage

Pat Suwalski pats at xandros.com
Thu Sep 14 19:06:05 UTC 2006

Luis wrote:
> In a two-layer setup, we would be able to write our background image
> in a lower layer (say primary) and then do an overlay that has the
> progressbar and our textbox. But in reality this doesn't work well for
> everybody as not all video cards support multi-layers. At least this
> is my understanding on this. Pat (from Xandros) would be able to
> expand on this...

As I recall, it wasn't that the drivers didn't support multiple layers,
just that some of the drivers did not support alpha in layers.

You want the progress bar in a separate layer for the progress bar than
the text box, as the text box layer is optimized to be the exact size of
the area it's assigned to. You want separate origin points, too, since
it makes placing the text much simpler.

--Pat