[Splashy-devel] Re: [Splashy-users] splashy shows shutdown screen but not the boot up screen

Luigi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 20:50:23 CET 2007

Ah, i see... in Edgy/Feisty (Ubuntu) there is no /etc/inittab file now...
This is because everything is done from /etc/events.d (upstart events).

We definitely need to look into this issue. Can you file a bug for this
under bugs.debian.org splashy's sources? Just say that splashy initrc script
does not work with upstart.

I'll put that in our TODO file as well.

I actually "discovered" that yesterday in a fresh installation of Edgy that
I have.

For your sake, you can have an init script as simple as:

cat /etc/init.d/splashy

#!/bin/sh

/sbin/splashy boot

# EOF

The only problem with this script is that it will be launched when the
system boots in single-user-mode (recovery). We would need to write
something that uses "runlevel" or a similar command, to figure out in what
runlevel we are.

I believe that Splashy checks for this as well.