[Splashy-devel] Proposal to move to GIT

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Jul 26 21:00:31 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've seen some activity and looks like more vendors are going to
migrate to Splashy. That's a very good news however we ought to thing
how to avoid diverting from them and how to make simple to merge his
improvements.

Since some time, I've been using GIT and I do like the experience.

GIT makes our life much easier to follow vendors changes since they
can keep a branch for their specific patches and another for the ones
they like to get merged on our main version. This also would make
their life easier since merging from our branch would be basically:

$: git merge origin/master

So I'd like to get some comments on it to see if we're all on same
page about this subject.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855