[Splashy-devel] initramfs bug (test needed)

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 01:18:24 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I just finished testing Splashy on Ubuntu Gutsy running from initramfs.
Everything seems to work just fine. Can somebody please test to make sure
that this is the same for them? I'm using Splashy on a vmware virtual
machine.

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        7.10
Codename:       gutsy

uname -a
Linux ubuntu-devel 2.6.22-12-generic #1 SMP Sat Sep 22 18:14:28 GMT 2007
i686 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/default/splashy | grep INIT
ENABLE_INITRAMFS=1

sudo update-initramfs -u

cd /tmp/
mkdir foo
cd foo/
cat /boot/initrd.img-2.6.22-12-generic| gzip -d | cpio -i
ls
bin  conf  etc  init  lib  modules  sbin  scripts  usr  var
ls scripts/init-top/
all_generic_ide  brltty  console_setup  framebuffer  splashy
ls sbin/
brltty-setup  modprobe    mount.ntfs     pkill  splashy  udevsettle
depmod        mount.fuse  mount.ntfs-3g  rmmod  udevd    udevtrigger

Please report back your findings.

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------