[Splashy-devel] Spurious comments in splashy_functions.c

John Hughes john at Calva.COM
Sat Mar 29 10:42:14 UTC 2008

Luis Mondesi wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:52 PM, John Hughes <john at calva.com> wrote:
>
>>       /* *_unlocked are a GNU extension: makes function fread thread safe */
>>
>>  which is the opposite of the truth.  As their name implies the _unlocked
>>  functions are thread-unsafe!
>>
> I'll have to dig into this to see if only one thread is actually
> writing to this handle.

Well in this case (search_pattern) it's safe as the FILE* is local to a
function and never passed to another function.   I'd guess that's the
case for all the uses of FILE* in splashy, but I haven't checked.