[Splashy-devel] Bug#462626: init breaks splashy's connection to the keyboard.
john at Calva.COM
Sun Mar 30 11:33:29 UTC 2008
Here's a little program I've extracted from the code to init that
demonstrates the problem.
1. launch splashy
2. see that the F2 key works ok.
3. launch "sabotage"
4. now the F2 and ESC keys do nothing.
(To build sabotage just "cc -o sabotage sabotage.c").
I'll keep looking to try and narrow down the exact function that breaks
splashy, but it seems that there are three possible ways to fix this
1. modify init to not do whatever it does that screws up splasy -
2. modify splashy, so it has a function "re-establish connection to
keyboard", to be called after init has started
3. stop & restart splashy after init has restarted - visually unappealing.
More information about the Splashy-devel