[Splashy-devel] splashy_update "getpass ... "

Heiko Groß heiko at kallisti.de
Sat Mar 15 08:47:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm building a  bootable readonly usb-stick and would like to interact
with the splashy-server. By now everthing works except I have to press
F2 in order to switch to verbose mode (where the texbox is shown) and
only then I get my prompts (splashy_update "getpass ... " and
splashy_update "getstring ... ").
What do I have to do to skip that pressing of F2? It has to be
user-friendly.
I already tried to emulate the press in a shell-command, but this did
not succeed. Do I have to install splashy from source?
I'm using debian lenny and the aptitude-packages.

Greets

Heiko