[Splashy-users] errors...

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 04:08:10 UTC 2005

Hello Markus,

Did you install from source (svn) or a binary package from the splashy URL:
http://alioth.debian.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=30657&release_id=532

That binary works like a charm. If you want to compile from source,
you will need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. read about how to compile libdirectfb statically against an
application (hint: check the HACKING, TODO and README files in the
splashy sources from SVN. They have information and resources). We are
working on this issue now. However, if you can help us and submit a
patch that would be really appreciated.

or

2. remove the stuff from the debian/rules (and others) and
Makefile.am/configure.ac that asks for the binary to be compiled
statically (hint: look for --enable-static or something like that).

If you do option 1 you will help us greatly and splashy will work for
all users. If you do option 2, then splashy only works for those of us
who have /usr in the same partition as / (root). Other users will have
to wait until we resolve issue 1.

Hope that helps.

Note: if you are not a programmer, you can safely disregard this
message, unless you feel the force inside you asking you to learn how
to program.