[Splashy-users] First meeting summary

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 22:26:34 UTC 2006

Hello all,

This is a summary of what we accomplish in the first meeting:

Splashy News
First Splashy meeting

Aug 13th 2006 @ 20:00 UTC

The first IRC meeting for Splashy was successfully held. The topic
discussed was: Speeding releases and bug squashing. In short it was
agreed that:

   1. New version scheme for releases: odd numbers for devel releases
   2. 0.2.x is our main focus, and it's a bug squash release
   3. initramfs our main bug now, needs to be handled
   4. switching Splashy from using a FIFO to udp port 50439 should
help with that initramfs bug as well
   5. splashy_update needs to talk to udp port 50439, and perhaps
under a loop-back interface like 127.127.0.1 (completely private to
splashy)
   6. splashy_update "image foo.jpg" to change images on the fly
   7. Splashy should obey "splash" keyword boot param (for kernel)

In addition it was agreed that a meeting will be held monthly on the
second Sunday of each month at 20:00 UTC.

News are now found in:
http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/doku.php?id=news

Thanks all for your participation in Splashy! The community is
stronger than ever now as new members have been added as developers
and problems are being tackle in a saner, and more systematic, way. We
are already looking forward for shorter release cycles, which
hopefully will yield more bug-free/feature-rich Splashy releases.

Regards,

p.d. remember we are ALWAYS in IRC #splashy at irc.freenode.net

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html