[Splashy-users] Re: just a sad blank screen

Matteo Zandi matteo.zandi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 12:21:22 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Luis <lemsx1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this need a user/password to connect?

sorry port is 1980, so
ftp://kate.homeunix.net:1980/download/mov00961.mpg(ftp with anonymous
access).

In any case, there are a few things we can try. First, you are not
> running Splashy from initramfs, right? (cat /etc/default/splashy |
> grep -i initramfs)

hum, probably not, it's splashy standard install. I actually uninstalled it,
I wanted to try another one, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2006-May/001429.html

Then, you can try to turn off the fadein/fadeout effects in your theme
> (edit /etc/splashy/themes/default/theme.xml)
> And finally, what display manager are you using? KDM, GDM, XDM? You
> might need to send "splashy_update exit" right before your display
> manager starts.

Thanks for your tips, I'll try them and the report back here.
Matteo