[Splashy-users] Re: just a sad blank screen

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 18:45:57 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Vincent Amouret <vincent.amouret at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think this problem come from console-screen.sh, indeed i had this
> problem then it disappeared when i modified this script for initramfs.
> I didn't make the relation with your problem before to see your video,
> so to solve this "background disaparition",
> edit /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh then add
>
> pidof splashy > /dev/null && exit 0
>
> at the begining, just after the comments, as described in the README at
> the initramfs section.
>
> The background shouldn't disappear anymore.

What happens when you go to a console after this? CTRL+ALT+F1 ? Do you
see any text?

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html