[Splashy-users] problem with splashy

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 08:57:45 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, sly boots <slyboots.pd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I wont write this mail, but your forum wont me register and your icq channel
> wosnt created...
> I work on HP nx6110 Laptop with Ubuntu dapper Drake (latest version).
> I have installed your product. I have only one problem. When i get verbose
> theme, then i cant see the bootlog text, and when i press F2 then is the
> same.... nothing is doing. I have searched the internet for this problem,
> but havent find what i need.
>
> If i press F2, when the computer is shutingdown i cann see all the messages
> from bootlog. But i think it shoul show the text without pressing F2
> button???
>
> And when the system is going up the bootlog isnt going up too.... hmm
>
> What cann i make???

Hello,

Umm... for us "autoverboseonerror" means that only when an error
happens, Splashy would start showing the messages. You could "force"
this behavior by simply doing "splashy_update 'print foo'" when
Splashy is running. You would need to add this to the startup script.
To be truthful to you, the current code that displays the boot text is
an ugly hack. It was done the quick-n-dirty way just to have this
feature in Splashy. We are working on having this done right, though
perhaps that won't be done for Splashy 0.2.x, which is due to come out
shortly. That would be done for Splashy 0.4.x for sure.
When this feature is done right, then we will need to add an option to
the theme.xml file to allow verbose to always be on, not just on
errors.

Thanks for the suggestion. You might want to fill out a "wishlist" bug
in our Feature Request tracker (this way we won't forget it):

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?atid=411693&group_id=30657&func=browse

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html