[Splashy-users] installation problem

kangja kangja at singnet.com.sg
Tue Jan 3 10:26:13 UTC 2006

I came across the Forum first before this mail list. This is a repeat of
the Forum posting which I have got no reply.
My story is as follows:
I 'apt-get install' splashy and splashy-themes directly from your
repository.
I have the following error during boot-up:
WARN: vga= was not found in /proc/cmdline...
WARN: VESA:VGA was not found in /proc/fb...
FATAL: video.c<440> (#) DirectFBError [DirectFBCreate (&video->fdb)]:
not supported.

I am running 'testing' with kernel 2.6.8. I have install libdirectfb and
libdirectfb-extra from the Debian repo. In my kernel config, 'Vesa Vga'
is set, Ramdisk support is set.
Then 'splashy' version I have downloaded is 0.1.6 and I am using lilo.

Pls suggest what I need to do further.
Thks.

Ken