[Surfraw-devel] surfraw: last call for sarge

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm@inutil.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:54:57 +0200

Christian Surchi wrote:
> > 1: It's a debian-native package
>
> I know. Last release uploaded by Thomas was native and I didn't like it
> so much. But we don't have an original tarball at this moment. And then
> I had no time to change anything yesterday night. I prefered to upload,
> so we can have new release in sarge. Then we can think about new
> packaging system, tarball distribution and so on. What do you think? Can
> we do it? ;)

I guess that's not much of a problem. If one has a look at all the deb*
elvis one can really get the impression that it's native :-)

We should at least push this to NetBSD and Gentoo, I'm not aware of
other Unix distributions that ship surfraw.

> P.S. Do you know if list is open? and what do you think about my ideas
> for the home page and distribution?

The list is open, I subscribed to jmm@informatik.uni-bremen.de and my
mail from inutil.org came through.

A homepage is a good idea, but I'm absolutely the wrong person for that...

Cheers,
        Moritz