[Surfraw-devel] lintian errors

Ian Beckwith ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:34:32 +0000

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 12:32:48AM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> IMO we should dump these manpage-symlinks of elvis to the generic surfraw
> manpage and prepare some lintian-overrides.
> It causes the same namespace clashes as in bin/ and it's of no real value.

Policy says that a binary without a manpage is a bug.

I've changed the man page sections of the elvi in CVS to 1sr, which
fixes man page clashes. I left surfraw, sr and W as .1.gz as they are
still in /usr/bin, feel free to change that if you disagree.

I actually did this about half an hour before I got the message about
the translate manpage clash.

At some point I plan to update the man page and web pages.

Oh, I forgot to mention in the cvs changelog, I removed the man page
link surfraw-netscape-remote, as there is no corresponding binary.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA