[Surfraw-devel] Bugzilla elvi, thoughts?

James Rowe jnrowe at ukfsn.org
Mon Apr 17 18:07:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I've been thinking about writing a few new elvi over the past couple of days,
and I'm wondering how I should go about it.  The elvi are for bugzilla sites,
and I'm thinking it would be better to write a small inherited library for use
by them all.

  Specifically the sites I'm thinking about are the bugzilla installs of
Gentoo, GNOME, kernel.org and a few other smaller installs which may not be
useful to the wider community.

  I don't really feel it is a great idea to duplicate the backend in each one,
especially given the complexity of bugzilla search support.

  I suppose there is always the idea of just adding a bugzilla elvi too, and
requiring an option to set which bugzilla installation.  I believe that choice
would make the command line too convoluted for comfortable use.

  I'm interested in your thoughts on the matter, so I don't run off in a
direction that leave my changes unmergeable.

  It isn't something I plan on doing right now though, it is just one of a few
things that has come up in conversation with users.

Thanks for your time

Jay