[Surfraw-devel] tool versions and surfraw

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm at inutil.org
Sun Feb 26 21:27:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

James Rowe wrote:
>   Whilst attempting to update the Gentoo package of surfraw I suffered
> a build failure resulting from the quoting in the multi-line sed calls in
> Makefile.include(log attached).  To be quite honest I can't understand why
> multiple expression options weren't used instead, but I'm guessing there
> must be a reason.
>
>   So my question is what version of make are you using that accepts the
> quoting and indentation used in the Makefile?  And is there a reason a more
> normal construction, such as in the patch attached, isn't used?

Surfraw has already been adapted to the new make behaviour a few days
ago, you can grab the copy of 2.1.3 at
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/surfraw/surfraw_2.1.3.tar.gz

If you've made further Gentoo-specific changes I'd be appreciated if you
coud send them along for merging.

Thanks,

        Moritz