[Surfraw-devel] 2.1.6 ready for upload, now has test suite

Ian Beckwith ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 04:15:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 07:15:05PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Ian Beckwith wrote:
> > Moritz: if you are still having a problem with CVS, I've put a package
> > at http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw_2.1.6.dsc
>
> Thanks, great work and uploaded.

Thanks!

> Installing surfraw 2.1.6 required 28 new Perl modules just for the
> opensearch elvi. I've uploaded it for now, but it breaks the KISS
> principle surfraw has been following. For Lenny we should move it
> in a separate binary package.

erm, yes, HTTP GET and especially XML parsing drags in a lot of stuff.
I'll look for more lightweight libraries and/or split off opensearch.
Don't fancy python, as James suggested, as unless we got rid of all
the perl (deblists, the test suite, probably other things), we'd have
dependencies on both perl and python.

Assuming I split it off, what shall I call it? surfraw-opensearch
maybe, but other elvi might want to use those modules too in the
future. surfraw-extra? any better ideas?

cheers,

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA