[Surfraw-devel] surfraw 2.2.0 and http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org

Ian Beckwith ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 13:28:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've put together surfraw 2.2.0, which will hopefully be the actual
new surfraw release.

I've added James's patches, and a few other things that popped up.

ChangeLog:

2007-09-13  Ian Beckwith  <ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>

	* Actual new upstream release.
	* Bumped version to 2.2.0.
	* configure now supports --disable-opensearch.
	  improved help macro syntax.
	  Patches from James Rowe, thanks!
	* cia elvi fixed, thanks to Charles Twardy.
	  Evidently I was wrong about there being a LWP problem
	  with the cia test, test reenabled.
	* Fixed discogs test.
	* Moved surfraw and surfraw-update-path from dist_bin_SCRIPTS
	  to bin_SCRIPTS so they are built rather than shipped.
	* Updated LSM entry.
	* Added new make target: make submit-lsm
	  Mails updated LSM entry to LSM at qqx.org.
	* Updated copyright dates.
	* Updated README.
debian:
    * debian/rules: Use $(CURDIR) instead of `pwd`.
    * debian/copyright: updated copyright dates.

I've also updated the web pages in cvs, and uploaded them to
surfraw.alioth.debian.org. They've been sitting in CVS for *3* years,
and evidently I must have been bored when I wrote them, as there is a
handwritten template system behind the scenes. Overkill, perhaps, but
it means we can just drop new releases in dist/ and then do 'make
install' to update the website.

As well as md5 & sha1 checksums for the release tarball, I've created
a gpg key to sign them with. Fingerprint:

pub   1024D/E7892D44 2007-09-11
      Key fingerprint = 6D00 FF2D AEBE 2D71 B1DE  C8BB 982A 2234 E789 2D44
uid                  Surfraw Release Signing Key (http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org/) <surfraw-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
sub   2048g/7B208659 2007-09-11

I've given a copy of the key to Moritz in case he needs to make a
release or I fall under a bus. I've just uploaded the public key to
the keyservers, and it is on the website, too.

James, and anyone else from another distribution who happens to be
lurking, if you want to write up distribution-specific notes with
links to your files/package pages, send me them and I'll stick them on
the web site.

Anyway, if no nasty bugs appear, this is the new surfraw release.
I'll announce it to freshmeat and the LSM next, is there anyone else I
should tell?

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA