[Surfraw-devel] Dump mode

Fracking Honey ultip at ymail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:17:48 UTC 2008

Hi all. I'd like to see a dump mode for surfraw, which would open elinks, lynx, links or whatever with the -dump option, so you could pipe the output to other programs. I was going to write a wrapper script that would do this, but it looks to me like there is no way to pass any parameters to the browser that is called by surfraw - please correct me if I'm wrong about this! So, it looks to me like the best way to implement this might be to:

a) make it possible to pass arbitrary options to the browser called by surfraw (for example, -browser=EXECUTABLE -browseargs="-dump")

and then:

b) write the aforementioned wrapper script, which ought to be symlink aware, i.e. if you run the script using a symlink called google it would in turn call surfraw google -browser=elinks|lynx|links -browserargs="-dump".