[Surfraw-devel] per-user elvi and xdg config dirs

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Tue Oct 27 03:12:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 01:13:02AM +0100, Sumant Oemrawsingh wrote:
> It's great to have the per-user elvi. I recently started writing some of my
> own elvi, and will submit what I have for approval, once I work out some bugs
> and clean it up.

Thanks.

> Just a small comment: I thought XDG was meant for desktop stuff

This is why I wasn't sure about implementing it, but couldn't find
anything definitive either way.

If anyone violently objects, scream now and I'll consider
changing it to ~/.surfraw/ & /etc/surfraw.

I thought of doing both but decided the documentation would get too
confusing.

Otherwise, I've done my bit to ensure (if the spec catches on) that our
distant descendants will have tidy home directories.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA