[Surfraw-devel] Disabling/removing the genpkg elvi

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Sat Apr 17 22:18:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:40:31PM +0000, James Rowe wrote:
>   There has been an open bug in the Gentoo bugzilla for 18 months
> now[1], because the rewritten packages.gentoo.org site doesn't support
> search.  If you look at the bug you'll see I recommended a couple of
> possible solutions, including removing the genpkg elvi and waiting for
> the search functionality to be re-implemented[2].

I'm slightly confused, although the search box on the left just goes
via google, 'genpkg surfraw' does appear to produce a useful page.
Have they fixed this since you wrote?

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you, if you want me to remove it I will.

>   My question is: How should that be handled?  Just dump it, or possibly
> make genpkg call genportage, or call genportage with a warning that the
> wrapper is disappearing, or ...?

In the past I've just removed elvi and put a note in NEWS, but if you
want to provide a genportage wrapper I'm happy with that too.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA