[Surfraw-devel] surfraw git tracking question

James Rowe jnrowe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:13:47 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Ian Beckwith's message of Fri Feb 05 01:58:28 +0000 2010:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 12:04:26PM +0000, James Rowe wrote:
> >   I had looked at merging tczy's bing elvi, but noticed I couldn't come
> > close to replicating the original autotools generated output on my
> > systems.  If I was to edit configure.in or Makefile.am we will end up
> > with huge unrelated changes in the generated output that will be
> > reverted if you were to push a change.
>
> Why would they be reverted? Surely git would either merge them or
> complain? or am I missing something?

  Git will definitely handle it correctly, I should have thought my
wording through a little better.  I didn't mean revert in the "git
revert" sense, I was referring to the history looking like a crazy
Wikipedia edit war.

  My commit would have had 5 diff hunks changed per Makefile due to
different automake output, and your next one would have changed them
back, and my next one...
--
Thanks,

James