[Surfraw-devel] Another patch!

James Rowe jnrowe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:36:41 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Ivy Foster's message of Fri Feb 12 05:46:18 +0000 2010:
> Just another quick patch. This one's a little bigger than the last, though.

  Great!

  [Please excuse the jumbled quoting below, I've done it to make it
easier to reply to the individual points.]

>     [bookfinder]: http://www.bookfinder.com/

  I'm really not sure about this one.  The interface with "-search=title
-author=" or "-search=author -title" seems a little convoluted.  I think
"-author=<author> [title...]" is the nice way to do this.

  Tell me I'm wrong about this, if you want.

> In addition, I added
> some glue that (according to my tests) seems to make it easier to use [tmux][]
> instead of screen as $SURFRAW_screen. Part of this is the addition of the
> variable SURFRAW_screen_args, which is set to an empty string by default and is
> exactly what it sounds like -- arguments for the $SURFRAW_screen invocation.

  Merged.  I also tested it with dtach(the other app I know that sets
TERM=screen) and that doesn't require the extra quoting, so we know
dtach works as a side effect too :)

  I've had a command with options in SURFRAW_screen for a little while
as a quoted string, but we may as well make it work the same as
SURFRAW_text_browser_args for discoverability.

>     [bugmenot]: http://www.bugmenot.com/
>
> One caveat with the bugmenot elvis is that the site doesn't seem to like text
> browsers. C'est la vie, I suppose.

  Merged.  It is javascript it needs, so using it with elinks or the
patched w3m is a possibility for the ardent text mode users among us.

  A quick comment on the patch for future reference: tests shouldn't be
prefixed with "sr", just call the elvi directly.
--
Thanks,

James