[Surfraw-devel] Patch: -newscreen|-ns switch

James Rowe jnrowe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:14:02 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Ivy Foster's message of Tue Feb 23 00:29:08 +0000 2010:
> Hey, this is another quick patch. It adds -newscreen | -ns, which sets
> SURFRAW_new_screen at the command line without going through environmental
> variables. Good times.

  Indeed.

  BTW, Is anyone aware of a shell that doesn't support default values in
parameter expansion?  The code would be nicer in various places if it
could use ${optarg:-yes} and the like.  POSIX defines it, and everything
I've just tested it on supports it.

> I also went ahead and added myself to the AUTHORS list, since I've submitted
> a couple of elvi, but hadn't done that yet. *shrug*.

  If I had been more diligent I would have added you to AUTHORS when
I imported your elvi...  sorry, and merged.

  I've added Sumant too as he has contributed heaps elvi and patches
without making it in to the list.  And, a quote from AUTHORS: "If we've
missed anyone, let us know."

--
Thanks,

James