[Surfraw-devel] updated tests / elvi

Kyle Isom coder at kyleisom.net
Thu Feb 10 02:26:46 UTC 2011

Hello surfraw-devel,

I worked through make test and identified a number of tests that failed,
making the following changes:

* ask:
    tested for at least five instances of the word foo (i.e. getting
    multiple results right and trying not to get tripped up by all the
    related search links).

* austlii:
    site appears down, wasn't sure if it was a temporary or permanent thing.
    elvi untouched.

* bbcnews:
    changed test to search for result count.

* comlaw:
    changed search url to the current format, current test works.

* discogs:
    discogs result format has changed; changed regex to match (and changed
    search artist to the artist that was playing at the time :))

* port:
    the site used in the port no longer works. i am working on a replacement
    elvi, but that will take a bit longer to find a suitable site and suitable
    search method. This is in progress.

* rpmsearch:
    The site structure has changed; I am in the process of adapting the elvi
    to work with the new site structure.

* scroogle:
    test fixed. 'fast unix command line interface' doesn't show up in results,
    so search for link to surfraw homepage.

* webster:
    the webster site is now a morass of writhing, congealed javascript; the
    test has been updated to a section free of javascript.

There were a number of tests that needed to be run manually, which I have not
gotten to yet. I also did not test woffle, as I don't have that running on my
box. I can send out the results of 'make test 2>&1 | tee test.log' if the list
is interested. I have attached a patchfile addressing the above issues.