[Surfraw-devel] New surfraw version

Jason Ryan jasonwryan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 03:08:52 UTC 2012

On 19/10/12 at 05:37pm, Kyle Isom wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've done some tidying up of the autoconf source. One of the conventions
> in newer versions of the autotools is to use the '.ac' suffix for the
> configure template (I've explained further in the commit message). I've
> done some formatting work just to clean up the source files to make them
> a bit easier to read.
>
> I'm doing my development on the kyle_2.2.9_rc branch, and will merge into
> the 2.2.9_release_candidate branch.

Nice work!

On a semi-related note; how do we close the bugs listed here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&version=&dist=&data=surfraw&archive=no

Two of them have definitely been done and the google one can be included in this
release.

The wishlist could similarly be cleaned up. Dumping output should be closed
because the browsers (well, at least w3m) already have that option (-dump) and
it really doesn't make any sense for surfraw to handle that. The cropping one
could probably be handled by a combination of -dump and some awk, but again I
don't see that as being surfraw's job as that is really a wrapper for
surfraw—which is really getting into meta- territory…

I'll have a look through the rc branch over the next day or two and see if I can
pick anything up.

Cheers,

/J

--