[Surfraw-devel] 2013 Release

Jason Ryan jasonwryan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 04:54:47 UTC 2013

On 22/04/13 at 11:45pm, Ian Beckwith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 07:52:09PM +1200, Jason Ryan wrote:
> > I thought I should kick this off again…
> >
> > Late last year we got quite close, it would be good to push it out the door.
> > There are still a couple of elvi that I can't get to test; mostly because the
> > sites use some sort of asinine javascript and therefore should be beyond our
> > ministrations or effort, IMO.
> >
> > Other than that, I don't think much is required to finish this off. What say you
> > all?
>
> Indeed, we should have another attempt.
>
> I just ran the test suite a few times (to eliminate transient
> failures), and whittled the failures down to:
>
> cablesearch cite ctan debcontents[2] deblists deblogs debpts deli
> finkpkg[1,2] foldoc genportage github[1] happypenguin imdb[3,4] jamendo
> javasun musicbrainz[2] ntrs springer woffle yandex

I have made another pass through and pushed fixes for a few: cablesearch, cite,
ctan, debcontents, debpts, foldoc, github, imdb.

yandex works for me as is.

Of those that are left, they fall into three categories:

Defunct (seemingly no longer on the web):
    * deblogs
    * finkpkg
    * genportage
    * happypenguin
    * ntrs (for the time being: under review)

Using some crappy javascript (deletion candidates):
    * deli
    * jamendo
    * springer

The leftovers:
    * deblists
    * javasun (ugh!)
    * musicbrainz
    * woffle

If no-one else can access the defunct sites, should they just be deleted?

Cheers,

/J

--

http://jasonwryan.com/  [GnuPG Key: B1BD4E40]