[Surfraw-devel] elvi extension for searx

krosos krosos at autistici.org
Wed Aug 19 17:39:42 UTC 2015

Hi Jason,

of course.

This comment is based on my interpretation that you mean the actual elvi
and not the commented section.
At first, this is my first elvi and I'm not that experienced in bash
scripting.
I am looking to get later a method to get an up to date list of all
instances and have the option to spread the query to different
instances, or the one set as favorit, or something similar.
Inclusion of non-www networks is equally important.

I filtered out all the non-working and certificate error servers.

It's just the first release, so if anyone sees something worth improving
in it, feel free to change.

Theoretically it could be cut down to searx.me, but there are other
services and hopefully in the near future we get some transparency on
the logging / anonymizing of the individual instances, so some could be
filtered out that way.

I think my initial thoughts were that I wanted to offer all possible
options and not leave out instances which are working, so queries could
theoretically be spread more between instances.
In practice, my approach might be improved.

greetings,
Nils