[Surfraw-devel] program malfunction

Renzo Vidoni renzo.vidoni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:18:09 UTC 2016

To: surfraw-devel list
Subject: program malfunction

Hello Developers
Hope this finds you well

I would like to submit to your attention a program malfunction
that can be a minor bug which doesn't affect the package's usefulness
but maybe can require yours attention.

The command surfraw google "-r * ."
give this error: google ERROR: bad option "-r * .". Try google -help
for usage information

and I get unexpected results when I submit a request like

surfraw google " -r * ."
or
surfraw google "anyword -r * ."

This commands submit a local files and dirs list to the search engine:

/search?q=%22anyword+-r+notes.txt+vegetables+Bash_profile.txt+Desktop+Downloads+
...... etc.

Your search - "anyword -r notes.txt vegetables Bash_profile.txt
Desktop Downloads ... - did not match any documents.

I notice this with different elvi and in different operative systems:

- FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
Name                : surfraw
Version              : 2.2.9_1

- Debian 8.5
Name		: surfraw
Version		: 2.2.9-1

- Fedora 23
Name		: surfraw.noarch
Version		: 2.2.9-4.fc23

Let me thank you for your work because
I really appreciate surfraw that I use everyday.

Best Regards
Renzo Vidoni