[Svn-bp-devel] New version fixing 3.0 (quilt) and xz tarballs?

Jan Hauke Rahm jhr at debian.org
Tue Oct 18 21:05:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:45:54AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:07:53 +0200
> Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr at debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 06:27:32PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > If you've got the time, please go ahead and test then apply some
> > > patches. I did want to have a bigger set of tests to run against trunk
> > > but haven't had time to implement more. Main priority is not breaking
> > > existing support as we had problems with svn-tag last time.
> > > 
> > > I'm primarily using svn-bp on stable but I am using svn-bp from
> > > unstable but with bz2 tarballs which work AFAICT. (pkg-gpe uses a mix
> > > of gz and bz2 tarballs with 3.0 quilt.)
> > 
> > Alright. I've just pushed a few more patches fising a few bugs. I think
> > they are all fine. A subset of given patches (those that relate to xz
> > tarballs) have been tested by the GNOME folks who asked me for xz
> > support in svn-bp. Other patches are pretty straight forward, I'd say.
> > 
> > If you have the time, please feel free to review what I've done. If not,
> > I'd like to go ahead and upload to unstable soon. In any case, please
> > drop me a mail, so I know how to proceed.
> I can test over this weekend if that is soon enough - is there a
> particular reason to get svn-bp into unstable before then? 

The GNOME folks who asked me for svn-bp to support xz are currently
moving their 3.0 transition. Meanwhile they start preparing 3.2 for
experimental and GNOME upstream switched to xz. IOW, they really need
this fixed to properly work on new packages.

> > One other thing: Do you think we can remove Ryan from uploaders? He's
> > been pretty inactive lately and I would like debian/control to reflect
> > reality rather than wishful thinking...
> We've all been pretty inactive as far as svn-bp is concerned, since
> shortly before the Squeeze freeze. ;-)

Sadly, yes.

> There again, Ryan hasn't replied to any of your queries on this list.
> Cleaning up is good but unless there's confirmation from Ryan that he
> is too busy for svn-bp or too busy overall, just as well to leave the
> list as-is.


> The translations don't appear to have been affected by the patches,
> which is handy and there are two i18n bugs which I should have closed
> with an upload a long time ago....

Actually, in order to fix #638909 I removed one string from translatable
text. But that shouldn't make a difference for translators, right?

> As long as you've done some basic testing of stuff like tagging and
> that none of the patches have affected "basic/typical" usage, I'm happy
> for you to upload or we can hold until the weekend.

As I said, some of the GNOME guys already use the new version. My
(limited) tests pass. I'll do some more tomorrow and if they all pass as
well, I'll upload then. I don't think it can break much. Your review is
appreciated either way!

Thanks for your fast replies!

 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr at debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org
`. `'`   Member of the Linux Foundation                    www.linux.com
  `-     Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe      www.fsfe.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/svn-bp-devel/attachments/20111018/81e1b649/attachment.pgp>

More information about the Svn-bp-devel mailing list