[Teammetrics-discuss] Error in liststat.py

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 8 07:23:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 01:17:02AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Ok then, it's done. Tomorrow I will modify the code so that once
> downloaded, an entry is made and the mbox is not downloaded again.

OK.

> You can consider the mbox filtering thing done, I will send you the
> code tomorrow morning :)

I would not see any problem if you would commit it in our git repository
for the moment.  It is better to have some code in a repository rather
than in several mailboxes.

And now to my latest tests:  The shortened configuration files with only
a selection of mailing lists worked yesterday.  However, if I switch to
all I get:

$ ./nntpstat.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./nntpstat.py", line 304, in <module>
    main()
  File "./nntpstat.py", line 285, in main
    body, first, last)
  File "./nntpstat.py", line 162, in nntp_to_mbox
    updated_date = asctime_update(d, m)
  File "./nntpstat.py", line 109, in asctime_update
    tz_offset = parse_date[-1]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Because I do not see any error message in the log I try to restart.
however, even if this turns out as the solution we should probably catch
this exception and continue parsing.  The relevant log is in
liststat.log.0 on blends.debian.net

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--