[Teammetrics-discuss] Error in liststat.py

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:02:34 UTC 2011

> I just want to save two things as good as reasonable (not as best as
> possible):

I think we are there :)

>   a) download time (when recreating everything if needed)

The mbox is not downloaded again if it has been already downloaded and parsed.

>   b) disk space

When we are done parsing the downloaded mboxes, how about we just
clear /var/cache/teammetrics? :) There is actually no point IMHO in
caching the mboxes because it's easy to fetch them again if needed as
they are compressed _and_ they won't be changed locally so...

In the rarest case the mboxes are changed, we can simply clear the
/var/cache/lists.hash file and all mboxes will be downloaded again and
fetched.

Just to make everything clear, you can do a test run for liststat.py
against all the teams.