[Teammetrics-discuss] How does filling up the database work?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Aug 9 20:44:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 01:32:39AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Also if a list is specified that does not exist:
>
> 2011-08-10 01:12:04,154 ERROR: Unable to fetch mailing list archive
> HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> So don't worry about it as it's handled much before downloading :)

That's definitely a necessary check.

> >  run if
> >   (script_run_date) != 1st day of Month    OR
> >   mbox_for_this_month (which is ignored) exists
>
> Implemented.

OK.

> > Well, once the mboxes are deleted as we agreed upon that boils down to
> > the stored mbox names in lists.hash or did I missed something.
>
> To finalize this 'clearing' properly, here is what all we need to do
> if we need to start from ZERO:
>
> 1. Clear lists.hash AND/ OR nntplists.hash
> 2. Clear the database.
>
> So no mbox (whether gzipped or unzipped) is saved to the disk, they
> are parsed and removed. The two things above are the only things you
> need to clear. No more disk space problems. Yayay!

OK.

> > A primary key is a primary key, right.  We will probably do this with a
> > simple script - but this is no reason to not implement proper database
> > logic which is to set proper constraints where these do make sense.
>
> Not done, either I can add a primary key or include this in the
> script. Your call!

It should be added to the script in Git in any case (to not to forget it
later when for whatever reason the database will be recreated).  In
addition it should be manually set in the just populated database.  (There
is no need to refill it again.)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--