[Teammetrics-discuss] A basic (and broken!) mbox filter.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:41:05 UTC 2011

> I'd prefer either a backup of the original mbox or changing the name of
> the stripped mbox.

Ok.

> I appended a stripped down mbox featuring only one single mail which
> shows a problem of your approach:  There are fields with content of more
> than one line and this just remains.  Just see the cruft after the first
> "From" (without the ':') as well as the three lines after 'Date:' which
> are originating from X-Spam-Status:.

That's right.

> please be more verbose about problems with this.  You have proven to be
> able to read mboxes and you also have proven to be able to write mboxes
> (in nntp).  So what exactly is the problem.

The problem is the message body. The formatting is weird from my
experience with mbox archives and it keeps on breaking. I am trying
something new, so let me finish that and we shall see how it goes.

In the current approach, my aim was to avoid touching the body of a
message for exactly this reason...