[Teammetrics-discuss] A basic (and broken!) mbox filter.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 11 13:12:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 06:21:46PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> Because this is the format used by Pipermail mbox archives and
> therefore liststat.py :) Also there is nothing to worry about here
> because it's just a simple replacement of strings and in fact, because
> of this, we are able to detect empty names and email address, which is
> an added advantage...

I agree with this advantage, but what we are currently aiming for is
simply stripping fields from mboxes rather than interpreting certain
fields.  Listmaster will start with

    diff -u mbox_orig mbox_new

and just does want to see '-' signs in the first column of output and no
'+' or '-+' pairs.  The interpretation of the fields will be done later
by our teammetrics code.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--