[Teammetrics-discuss] Changes to GitStat.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 21:20:39 UTC 2011

Hello!

A few things have changed in gitstat.py because when I ran the tests I
noticed the output was not right and so it was broken in some places.

    -   Fixed a bug that was causing a primary key error to be thrown.
        This was due to a bad regex match in 'git log' and has now been
        fixed. I was not comfortable with this error because the hash is
        guaranteed to be unique. So I fixed this and I am happy :)

    -   Handled cases of invalid dates (the epoch date I showed earlier)

    -   'git log' doesn't filter commits which have no lines changed.
        For example, in the case of a merge or a tag, there is no change
        in the number of the lines but that is still considered as a
        commit. We handle that now by discarding such commits. This took
        time because I had to compare diff's of SHA1 just to be sure that
        we don't miss out anything.

So now gitstat.py is very stable and works the way we would _want_ it to.

I have tested it with a few repositories today and it is working very
well though I will run more tests tomorrow just to confirm. You can
test when you are back and have time and let's hope it runs well!

--
Sukhbir