[Teammetrics-discuss] Please exclude known robots posting to our list

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Aug 24 10:02:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

in the original per script I excluded several posters as @ROBOTS which
are not relevant for team cooperation but are posting frequently enough
to show up in the statistics.  These mails need to be ignored.  I'd be
fine with just droping them (perhaps an log entry 'INFO' might be done).

Those known robots which ended up in our current database are:

'Cron Daemon'
'samba-bugs at samba.org'
'BugScan reporter'
'bts-link-upstream'
'Debian Archive Maintenance'
'Debian BTS'
'Debian External Health System'

The original list @ROBOTS was longer - it might be safe to take this
over unchanged - however please mind some regular expressions which
do not fit into simple string comparison (those can be ignored because
these "authors" did not showed up any more).

I also noticed that a very noise spammer

   'akavanagh at icr.ac.uk'  <akavanagh at icr.ac.uk>

made its way into the database.  I formerly hacked around this by
declaring him as ROBOT which is in fact not true.  So there also should
be a method to move known spammers straight into the listspam table.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de