[Teammetrics-discuss] Which feature should we work on next?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 25 11:41:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:41:37PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> We discussed saving the message # in the mbox, but don't you think
> that it is better that for every exception, we store the Message-ID.

Sure!  Whatever means to locate the problem is welcome.  I did not
directly mentioned Message-ID because at the time when the error is
caused the Message-ID might be unknown.  So we could:

   if message_id != None:
	log(message_id)
   else:
	log(message_number or something else which helps finding the problem)

> IMHO, searching using message ID is easier than opening the mbox and
> then searching. I can implement both if you want, so I am asking you
> :)

No, if we can get the Message ID everything is fine.  But for instance
I remember we just had messages without any ID ...

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de