[Teammetrics-discuss] The relation between number of commits and the lines of code.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:55:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

As discussed, I tried finding a relation between the number of commits
and the lines of code committed. Here is what I have observed.

Usually for the top 'five' (not fixed) committers, the number of
commits and the lines of code committed are proportional, with the
exception of one or two committers. But the relation is not as visible
as the one in the liststat metrics. Also, there seems to be no
relation after the top five or six commits and it varies.

I think it would be best (and you can suggest otherwise), if we
present this information individually and maybe others can use it as
they want. We should let the number of commits be the deciding factor
and present the lines committed as extra data (and same goes for
liststat).

Please git pull also as I have fixed an error in gitstat. When we run
the code in one or two days in September and gather lots of data, we
can check again to see if a relation can be found. I think this is the
best way to go about it.

--
Sukhbir