[Teammetrics-discuss] Web Archiver Updates

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:17:27 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

I have been working on improving the web archive parser, namely to add
support for resuming downloads. After thinking of different
approaches, I finalized on this one.

When the archive parser runs, it creates a `conf` file, eg:

    [debian-user]
    message = msg01457.html
    year = 2011
    month = 12

So when it resumes the next time around, it starts from the last saved
message. The benefit using this -- it doesn't need to download
anything to check for new messages and it checks in seconds. I like
it!

It seems to be working the way I wanted it to, but I will tell you to
test it when I am sure it is working absolutely fine.

PS: The new stats look good.

--
Sukhbir