[Teammetrics-discuss] Fwd: Next phase: Handling spam

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:24:36 UTC 2011

Hi,

What we are only bothered with is including those lines in the count
that don't begin with '>'. That's it! We don't bother about the
posting style at all.

For the TOFU example, even if a user sends a reply to the mailing list
like the way you just illustrated, it will be counted as a single
line. Because the quoted part begins with a '>', which we simply
ignore.

For a mixed posting style, like we have our discussions, if I reply to you:

> Your part
My part.

> Your part
My part.

This will be counted as two lines for me.

I hope this is clear now.