[Teammetrics-discuss] The Database Phase

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:31:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

Welcome back :-)

> regarding to your concerns about the mailing list.  I've got this mail
> twice - in this verison with the PS below.  So it seems that the list
> is delivering mails to subscribers at least.

The mails are being delivered but no archives :( I got in touch with
#alioth on IRC and I am waiting for their reply.

You must have noticed, the archives say:

Archived on: Fri Jun 10 13:07:08 UTC 2011

So no wonder it's not archiving messages.

> Probably you also need a mailing list URL field in addition.  In worst
> case you can have list with the same name but on different list servers
> (say Ubuntu would also start a teammetrics-discuss or so).

Oh! I will need to add that, yes.

> storing "full length of message body in lines" and "lines of message
> without quotes" could be kept in two fields.  It might also make sense
> to keep the raw number of characters for those people with broken MUAs
> that uses only one line and let the MUA render the line break.

Good idea. This will be done.

> I do not think so.  It should be kept in an SQL file in SVN - at least
> I would consider this as sufficient.  Once this is done you can not do
> much about configuration any more ...

Right, I have seen archives.sql in team_analysis_tools and I think we
will go with that only.

> I'm back (but will probably be offline tomorrow again).

Take your time, I already know what to do now and it should be enough
for today's work :-)